Sunday, April 19, 2015

Road Rash (Summary&theme)BLOG#4

In my book that I am ready "Road Rash", we met a 17-year-old drummer Zach. Zach has been kicked out of his band for a new drummer that doesn't play as well has him but is rich. He then joins a new band "Bad Habits". Everything is going well with the new band but there are some conflicts going on.  Zach goes out with Kyle's sister, Kimberly, which he doesn't like and doesn't let her go to any of Zach's concerts. Then there's jealousy. Kimberly gets jealous when all the girl are all up on the band and especially her boyfriend. Takes time in the present and takes place.


I think that the theme of my book is to never give up on your dreams, If a door closes another one opens. I think that's the theme because though-out the book Zach finds a way to still play drums. HE works so hard for his new band to accept him and not like his pervious band. I know this because on the day that he got accepted to the band. He had every gig already planed out. For example on the text it says," After school I fired up my computer sand made my roughed out schedule look good, with different colors showing rehearsals times and gig times and writing sessions." This shows how Zach didn't want to throw away the opportunity with his new band. He had to try his best to not let this door close like the other one.

1 comment:

  1. Cristina,
    Try and think a little deeper about the theme. What are is overall challenges throughout the whole book? Giving up on your dreams is cliche kind of and overused. Let's talk about it in class.

    ReplyDelete