Sunday, May 3, 2015

In a Heartbeat (summary&conflicts)BLOG#6

So far in my book "in a Heatbeat" we met 16-year-old Eagan who recently died and donated her organs including her heart. We also met a 14-year-old girl, Amelia, who is about to receive a new heart, Eagan heart. In my last blog I talked about the characters. Eagan died during a figure-skating accident. When she died she had a lot go problems left behind. Once Amelia got her new heart weird things started to happen. She started to dream about figure skating and wanted to eat grape candy, Eagan's favorite. So she started to investigate whom the heart came from. She then started to get close with Eagan's loves ones and learned more about her. This book takes time in the present and in a small town in Arizona.

There are many conflicts going on in my book "In a Heartbeat" but one that really stuck out was an external conflict, man vs. man. When Eagan dies, she leaves with all her problems unsolved so now that she still has a beating heart but in someone else body, Amelia. Amelia needs to help Eagan in order for Eagan to move on. One problem to Eagan left unsolved was her trouble relationship with her mother. Eagan feels that her mother is too controlling and too invested in how she preform in ice skating competitions. I know this because in the text it says, " after that big mistake I did during my performance I knew my mom wasn't going to be happy. I can just see her yelling at me and spanking me." This shows how Eagan thinks her mom was to interested on Eagan skating.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of how far you've come in your reading and writing. Great job with the detail in your summary and the textual evidence in paragraph two. A few more weeks and we are done! I hope you learned a lot from this experience.

    ReplyDelete